Northwest Kansas Technical College (Northwest Tech) is one of the fastest growing colleges in the state of Kansas. Located in the high plains in the city of Goodland, Northwest Tech is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is nationally recognized for student success and graduation rates. Northwest Tech became the first two-year college in the nation to implement a full one-to-one iPad initiative in the classroom.
With nearly all of our technical programs taught in a cohort model, our students experience a significant amount of contact with faculty, leading to high student success rates. We have a small, surprisingly diverse campus, with a student body of approximately 400 full-time students pursuing degrees and technical certificates.
As a member of the College faculty, an instructor will be expected to participate in division and college-wide activities.
A successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of the mission of a rural technical college and have experience teaching in a diverse environment. They must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt teaching methods to different learning styles.
The College offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is part of the KPERS retirement system.
Estimated start date: August 1st
- Possess a Master’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Accounting, or a degree in a closely related field with at least 18 graduate credit hours from an accredited business program.
- Be willing to teach at least 18 credit hours per semester and to maintain active campus presence and involvement with a minimum of 10 office hours per week.
- Be willing to teach a broad range of business courses such as leadership, legal environment, legal issues in sports, intro to business and/or intro to sports management, finance, economics, marketing, or entrepreneurship.
- At least two years of for-profit business experience.
- Experience with course management systems such as Moodle or Blackboard.
- Experience with on-line or hybrid class environments.
- Working knowledge of applied mathematics to business problem solving.
- Working knowledge of curriculum and course development.
Submit resume and application to:
Sherri Knitig, VP of Operations
Northwest Kansas Technical College
1209 Harrison PO Box 668
Goodland KS 67735