rodstone Memorial Hospital is hiring for a Respiratory Therapist within the Cardio-Pulmonary Department.
The position assists the Cardio-Pulmonary Supervisor administer respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system, under the supervision of the physician and by prescription.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Reads prescription, reviews patient chart
- Prepares patient for test and explains procedures to obtain cooperation and reassures patient
- Ensures a continuously high quality of care in the following modalities:
- Oxygen administration
- Breathing exercises
- Chest physical therapy
- Postural drainage
- Aerosol administration
- Mdi administration
- Acapella/flutter/Peak Flow
- Incentive Spirometry
- Pulmonary function testing before and after bronchodilator, Diffusion, and Lung Volumes
- CPR, NRP, ACLS, when applicable
- Mechanical ventilation
- ICU cardio-pulmonary management
- Holter/Event monitors
- Oximetry: spot checks, overnight and/or continuous monitoring
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation participation
- Suctioning procedures/NT/ET Adult/Pediatric/Neonate
- Airway management/Amu bags/Air kits
- Rapid Response Team
- Specimen Collection RSV/Sputum/ABG
- Co2 Monitoring
- Adverse reactions to modalities
Consults with Physician in event of adverse reactions, recommendations, and therapy considerations.
Maintains patient’s chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
Monitors patient’s physiological responses to therapy such as vital signs, arterial blood gases and blood chemistry changes.
Assists in maintaining daily records.
Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
Reports any defective equipment to Cardio-Pulmonary Supervisor.
Checks all emergency equipment and supplies daily, restocking as necessary.
Makes patient rounds on all patients requiring cardio-pulmonary care.
Checks oxygen and oxygen equipment daily.
Cleans and disinfects equipment as needed.
Provides test results to Physician.
Actively participates in Quality Improvement activities.
As part of your job function you may need to access Protected Healthcare Information for treatment, hospital operations or payment purposes. See hospital/department policy and procedure for access granted for this job function.
Shall have the ability to learn and adapt to new technology as it relates to Cardiopulmonary and electronic medical records practices and procedures. Shall be able to navigate the electronic medical record to perform job functions.
Ability to operate computer system for tasks including but not limited to charting, scanning, order entry, and document removal. Seeks out additional training as needed.
This employee may be required to have a valid driver’s license to drive the hospital vehicle. Driving record will be examined for approval by the hospital insurance company.
Abides by the policies and procedures of the facility. Standards of conduct in the Compliance Plan and participates in ongoing monitoring of activities with respect to compliance, and abides by the Service Excellence Standards.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Graduate of accredited college of Respiratory Therapy, Associate Degree and/or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS; Certified Respiratory Therapist and/or Registered Respiratory Therapist and maintain licensure as a Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in NE.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sand; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 35 pounds, and transfer patients with a lift or assistance of another staff. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a part of a federally mandated IPA Compliance Plan, we will designate access to PHI. Workforce members shall be restricted to PHI unless needed to carry out your job duties as described in your job description. Access is specifically identified as the amount that is reasonably necessary to perform your duties.
Benefits associated with this position include medical, dental insurance; cafeteria and retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave.
To apply for the position, please contact Jeremy Littrell via phone at (402) 879-3281, fax (402) 879-3401, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Brodstone Memorial Hospital, please visit http://www.brodstonehospital.org.
Apria Healthcare 26220 Enterprise Court
Lake Forest, California 92630
Phone Number: (949) 639-2000
Web Site http://www.apria.com
Position Title: Respiratory Therapist (Part Time)
Location of Position: Dodge City, Kansas
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
• Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
• May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
• Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
• Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
• Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
• Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
• Must be 21 years of age
Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
• Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
• Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance per Apria policy. May be required to drive personal vehicle for patient home visits.
Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
• Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
• Hold a current CPR Certification.
• Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of practice.
To apply, please visit www.apria.com/careers and enter job number 4789.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
- Expand All