2005 W Broadway Bldg A Ste 215
Columbia, MO 65203
Phone Number (573) 777-4217
Web Site http://www.bluebirdnetwork.com
Position Title: Field Technician-Data Center
Location of Position: Springfield, MO
To provide installation and maintenance support for BBN’s network. This position is responsible for the installation/provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring of network equipment and services. This includes, but is not limited to Cisco SONET Nodes, ADTRAN 2800/2820 Multiplexers, Cisco and Alcatel Lucent Routers, Switches and NID’s, Performance Technologies STP’s, MetaSwitch switching platform, and ADVA DWDM systems.
1. Receive, monitor, analyze, and resolve network problems in a timely manner with minimal oversight.
2. Coordinate and perform new customer installations for wholesale, enterprise, and colocation customers. This could include structured wiring, NID installation and the addition of pluggable cards and jumpers at the Bluebird Network locations.
3. Provide proper documentation of BBN’s network (Site Audit’s, and Inventory Databases).
4. Provide installation, test and acceptance for nodes and collocations into BBN’s network.
5. Support emergency restoration for aerial and/or buried fiber optic cable in BBN’s network.
6. Provide emergency restoration support for BBN’s network equipment.
7. Maintain BBN colocation facilities and report any observations of damage or violation.
8. Provide 24x7 network coverage, to include trouble tickets and alarm monitoring at a Tier 1 level.
9. Adhere to the rotational on-call schedule to monitor, support, and dispatch as required.
10. Coordinate software upgrades to any and all network elements on an as-required schedule.
This position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, monitoring, and site documentation for the Bluebird Network Optical/DWDM, IP/MPLS and SS7 network.
This Position works closely with other Bluebird Network employees, member companies, offnet providers, customers and equipment vendors.
SPECIALIZED KNOW HOW AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, training, and understanding of the following:
Essential 3 to 5 years in Telecommunications environment or equivalent Technical Training
Private line and broadband installation and maintenance
SONET/DWDM installation and maintenance
Test equipment proficiency (OTDR, OSA, DS1/3, and Ethernet)
Willing to work day, evening, night shifts, overtime, call-ins, weekends, and/or holidays as required. Hours to be worked are determined by job requirements
Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record
Self-motivated and the ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
Strong PC skills
Strong oral and written communications skills
Desired College or Technical degree or equivalent
Cisco or Alcatel Lucent IP Certifications
VOIP Switching and maintenance
Fiber optics splicing and maintenance
Multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding work environment.
Telecommunications equipment installation
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ONLY AT https://bbnetwork.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=17
401K or other Retirement Plan
Additional Benefits (Please see description below):
AD&D, LTC, LTD, Life
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Bluebird Network is committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees for employment in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws. It is the policy of Bluebird Network to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bluebird Network is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and equal consideration for all qualified employees and applicants in personnel matters including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, transfer and promotion, salary and other compensation, layoff and termination. Employment standards are job related and based upon individual qualifications. Our goal is to ensure that all job applicants and employees are provided the right to a discrimination-free employment process and work environment.
Kinder Morgan Inc
Houston, TX 77002
Phone Number: (713) 420-1555
Web Site https://www.kindermorgan.com/
Position Title: Technician - Telecom (Level I, II, III)
Location of Position: Great Bend, KS
Position Description Kinder Morgan, INC.
• Field Telecommunications tech needed to support Pipeline Operations, Terminals and associated company assets.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintenance and installation of telecommunications equipment in Great Bend, KS, and various telecommunication sites in the area and or district.
• Telecomm equipment includes and may not be limited to: Microwave Radios, Industrial Wireless Systems, SCADA Communication Systems, VSAT, CDMA, Phone Systems, Digital Multiplex, Office Networks (LAN/WAN), VHF Radio Systems, and associated equipment.
• Apply problem solving skills and break down complex problems to isolate outages and restore services.
• Work within a ticketing system to document the resolution of telecomm outages, installations and repairs.
• Regularly and directly interface with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism, including but not limited to other employees, management, vendors, and customers.
• Schedule each work day for optimum efficiency for the greatest benefit to Kinder Morgan, and work with limited supervision.
• Required to carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working hours and non-working hours.
• Callout and unscheduled overtime is required, and anticipated.
• May be required to work non-traditional hours.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of performance.
• Write effectively, and understand verbal and written communications, including but not limited to email.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
• Travel is required, and a company vehicle is assigned for this job.
• High school diploma.
• Associates Degree in Electronics Technology.
• A minimum of four years experience actively working in electronic technology or telecommunications may be accepted as a degree substitute.
• BS in Technology or Engineering a plus.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• In addition to the degree requirement (or acceptable degree substitute), some level of direct and active work experience in telecommunications is needed (minimum of three years to be considered for Level II Tech and higher).
• Solid training in electronics or a thorough understanding of telecommunications through work experiences.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Strong diagnostic skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve various levels of telecommunications issues.
• Proficient with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio) for the purpose of word processing, spreadsheet applications, and information retrieval.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail in documentation.
• Excellent customer service skills, able to effectively communicate and work with all levels of management and employees in the corporate office and the field as well as external customers.
• Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
• Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with ability to identify and resolve simple to complex telecommunications problems, including the ability to think quickly and provide support for emergency operations.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, maintain confidentiality as necessary, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with strict, and often short, deadlines in a technologically diverse and fast-paced environment.
• Possess and consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to handle negative or conflicting situations in a logical and professional manner.
• Must be adaptable to organizational change.
• Ability to identify expectations in an employee/employer relationship.
• Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to perform the required and expected duties with little or no direct supervision.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill level.
• Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 40 pounds, waist high, on a regular basis.
• Job Location – This position will be based in Great Bend, KS
• Callout and unscheduled overtime is required and anticipated.
• Travel is required and anticipated; a company vehicle is assigned for this job.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Good understanding of digital microwave communications, digital multiplex, terminal Servers, LAN and WAN Networks, Routers and Data Acquisition Systems a plus.
• Cisco CCNA, Cisco IPTelephony, Nortel certifications, NABER two-way radio certification, NICET certification, FCC license a plus.
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Link to apply for Position:
401K or other Retirement Plan
Dundy County Hospital
1313 N Cheyenne Street PO Box 626
Benkelman, NE 69021
Phone Number: (308) 423-2204
Fax Number (308) 423-5691
Web Site http://www.dchbenkelman.com
Position Title: IT Technician
Location of Position: Benkelman, NE
Dundy County Hospital, in Benkelman, NE has an opportunity for a full-time IT Technician. Responsible for technical support for network, PC and software applications and the configuration, implementation and maintenance of various technologies. Maintains software and hardware inventory and administers critical core and security functions. Act as a liaison between end-users and vendors/managed service providers. Associate degree in computer science preferred but equivalent work experience in IT will be considered. Must be able to work overtime, off-hours and on-call. Contact Sandy Noffsinger, HR or Renee Fink, CFO at 308-423-2204 or pickup an application from the reception desk at the hospital. DCH – EOE
401K or other Retirement Plan
Free membership to our local gym, very generous paid time off program, AFLAC, LifeTeam membership fully paid
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Dundy County Hospital believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against personnel or applicants for employment on the basis of race, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other protected status. It is the intent and desire of this Hospital that equal employment opportunities will be provided to all personnel in employment, promotion, wages, assignments, benefits, layoff, recall, termination, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. It is the policy of Dundy County Hospital to comply with Federal and State Civil Rights acts, orders and regulations promulgated there under in all matters related to employment practices and procedures. Any concerns that this policy is not being met should immediately be brought to the attention of the CEO/Administrator.
- Expand All